1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

With a Smile and Gratitude

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, May 12, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

1. I will consciously put on my new self everyday, the way I put my new jeans or new shoes on, with a smile and with Gratitude.
      We all have a tendency to be under the control of our self doubts and then we have anxiety and lack because we never achieve our goals, this builds much rage in our mind and body thus developing a loop of fear and frustration. When we develop an attitude that demands a change, we will make that change through controlling our emotions and reactions.
      Gratitude is the answer to fear and fear has no place in our life.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Gratitude to God is the best. I thank Him every day, several times a day, for all the blessing He has given me,
    and the prayers answered. I am now reading The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence,
    the 17th Century lay Carmelite who said we should thank God in daily conversation with Him. Not necessarily prayer
    but more like talking to him and being in His presence. Being in the present moment with God goes along with graditude.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes it does Walt, that is so inspiring to know that you are doing that. Spending time in the presence of God is what folks go to church for on any given day but doing it everyday is a much better practice if you ask me. I know from 3 experiences already that when you make that special time for God he will sometimes just turn your experience into something you can write books about.
    Bless You