1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Writing with my non-dominant hand

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Beach-Girl, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Hi all:

Well I finally tried this exercise and was totally amazed at the outcome. I zeroed in on my "inner-child" right away. The results were eye opening. I found at a very young age I could do nothing right or rather - didn't know what to do that was right. To my mother, I was always screwing up. I never knew what the rules were, and therefore was always in trouble, being yelled at, or simply ignored.

The writing came out something like: "I want to be loved but don't know how." It was a really great exercise and I urge those who are working through their program to try this. I was surprised that I was able to access Little Me so easily. I plan to try it again.

Of course I knew all this about my mom, just didn't realize it started when I was so young.

I have written before that my mother had wanted a boy instead of a girl and when I emerged my mom was "visibly disappointed" according to my dad. Lori has suggested I go back to that moment and I never have. I think I'll try that next. See if I can discern whether or not I knew this at birth. Had to! She never really liked me!

BG

2. Lori

Lori Well known member

I've heard about the non-dominant hand writing; I'll have to check it out as that's one thing I've not done

Wow on what you came up with.

Warm Hugs BG!!

3. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Thanks Lori:

You've been a great source of inspiration for me.

BG