1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

All the Rage Film Yay!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ollin, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Ollin

Ollin Peer Supporter

Am I the first one to post it?

[​IMG]

We Hit the Goal. Let's Blast Past It!
    Posted by Rumur

[​IMG]

For backers only

We reached our goal!

Over 600 backers (yes we find it amusing that we call the supporters “backers”) have put their collective resources together to make this campaign a success. From all of us at Rumur Inc, we thank you for your amazing dedication. ...

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Woohoo!!!

3. tmsandrew

tmsandrew Peer Supporter

fantastic news! Looking forward to seeing this when it comes out :)

4. ermelin

ermelin New Member

I'm so excited about this! plus I'm getting some great TMS books on the mail :)

5. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

awesome news!!!:)

6. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I can't wait to see it, too!

By the way, if you were thinking of contributing or sharing the link, it's still very important to do so. I think I remember that they may have estimated that the entire cost of making the film will be closer to $350,000, so this really is a labor of love. The more we can support them, the better of a film we will end up having in the end, so it's definitely important to keep the campaign going. The link to share can be found in my signature, below this post.

Ellen likes this.
  7. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Very Cool! I remember a few years ago there was another person who was thinking of doing a documentary. And I thought, man, that would be fantastic! Time passed and didn't hear anything more, but then heard about Michael Galinsky talking about this and all I can say is "WOW!" I can't wait also to see this when it comes out.

8. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

one thing that I was worried about was that the Sarnoists may be a bit cultish as some ''healing modalities' can become.
    interestingly (I think in one of the clips so far) it emerged that Sarno stopped doing his lectures because people were becoming obsessed by him rather than the process. that speaks of a genuine nature that I've sensed,especially in the Donna Hamilton interview.
    it shows that he wasn't a snake oil salesman . I've looked from the beginning for signs of this as I have gotten my hopes up before only for the pain to stay or become worse.
    Of the many chronic pain cures I have come across he is least ''on the make'' and out to make a buck. you can even access a free PDF of his book if you are so inclined.
    all the others have some hook or special device you need to purchase and come across as salesmen. his attitude is ''take it or leave it'' challenging patients to take control of their own body and mind.

Hopefully this film could be the equivalent of the book on steroids. with people desperate for solutions,coupled with the viral nature of online interaction the medical establishment will not be able to ignore any longer.

Ollin, mike2014 and Gigalos like this.
  9. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

great post irish,
    I once got a subscription on faster-eft (robert smith) and triggerpoints (jonathan kuttner) and you won't believe the emails you receive to buy a book or take courses.
    Sarno hands you a swiss army knife for a couple of bucks that you can use for the rest of your life.

nowtimecoach and IrishSceptic like this.
  10. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Agreed Irish - fab post!, there is a danger of Dr Sarno looking like a cultish figure, rather than for what he has discovered and achieved in modern medicine.

Hopefully, with these teaching being given by numerous Drs, it will only validate the concept of mind-body healing.

I think we have all at some point purchased something which is supposedly the miracle cure for our dis-eases, the beauty of this concept is that it's free and only requires knowledge, acceptance and determination.

IrishSceptic likes this.
  11. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

as Mike Galinsky mentioned in the Huff Post thread maybe it will require a combination of the other TMS doctors to really break through because Sarno has been lampooned by many for a long time.

12. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

2015 could be THE YEAR for spreading the word about Dr. Sarno and TMS,
    thanks to the TMSWiki forum and ALL THE RAGE.

yb44 and IrishSceptic like this.