1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Your Only as Old as You Think

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Smiling is the best possible massage. Contentment is the fountain of youth."

Never smother the impulse to act in a youthful manner because you think you are too old. Recently, at a family gathering, some boys were trying to get their father, past sixty, to play with them. " Oh, go away, go
    away ! " he said ; " I am too old for that." But the mother entered into their sports with just as much enthusiasm and real delight as if she were only their age. The youthful spirit shone in her eyes and manifested itself in every movement. Her frolic with the boys explains why she looks so much younger than her husband, in spite of the very slight difference in their years.

Be always as young as you feel, and keep young by associating with young people, and taking an interest in their interests, hopes, plans, and amusements. The vitality of youth is contagious.

When questioned as to the secret of his marvelous youthfulness, in his eightieth year, Oliver Wendell Holmes replied that it was due chiefly "to a cheerful disposition and invariable contentment in every period of my
    life with what I was. I never felt the pangs of ambition, discontent, and disquietude that make us grow old prematurely.

George Meredith, on the celebration of his seventy- fourth birthday said : " I do not feel that I am growing old either in heart or mind. I still look on life with a young man's eye.

Orison Swett Marden - Every Man a King