1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Your recovery time

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jwiles, Jul 13, 2015.

1. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

I have heard of peoples pain disappearing after hours of accepting TMS. Others it seems to be a bumpy road. My pain after five days of returning to activies has had Ups and downs but it Hasnt left me crippled like I was afraid it would. My question to ppl who recovered from tms is how long after returning to activity did it take you to eliminate pain. I know it doesn't really matter because everyone's recovery is different but I'm still curious.

2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Hang in there buddy, you will heal when your ready. Dont compare your healing to anyone elses. No two people heal the same way. Let go of trying, which is hard for tmsers. We want control of a lot of stuff in life. Accept where you are and head forward in confidence, even when you don't know where your headed.

Keep gaining knowledge, then stop searching for more and put what you learned into action. Find what things work best for you and keep using them. People will help you along the way, but you will be the one to ultimately heal yourself. Goodluck, we are what we believe.

Ryan

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, jwiles. Ryan has it right. TMS healing comes at a different time for different people but seldom is fast. It takes some time and effort. But that's good because it keeps us spending more time thinking and journaling about our emotions which cause pain.