1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A programmers guide to TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Jawarrior1, Oct 30, 2023.

1. Jawarrior1

Jawarrior1 Peer Supporter

mbo, Mala, hecate105 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mala

Mala Well known member

What a well written, cohesive piece of writing with amazing links to articles & resources .

Thank you so much for taking the time to blog & share your insights & research here.

This is not only for people with RSI but for everyone who has TMS.

Mala

JanAtheCPA and Jawarrior1 like this.
  3. Jawarrior1

Thank you.

4. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Great site! As someone with 40 years in the software engineering business, I have observed an epidemic of the CTS/RSI diagnoses that in reality had nothing to do with the strain on the programmer's hands, but instead were the result of a strain on the programmer's nervous system and brain. We need to educate the public! Incidentally, I just posted a thread on the same subject:

https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/carpal-tunnel-syndrome-official-medicine-is-still-wandering-in-the-dark.27566/ (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - official medicine is still wandering in the dark)

5. Jawarrior1

Good flex, that is amazing!

Me personally, I am trying to get in the software engineering industry.

Unemployment is why I started that blog.

I have been unemployed for 1 year and 1 month and have applied to 1300+ jobs. I get about 1 interview every 100 applications.

Once I exhaust the days job applications on LinkedIn I just start writing about my passion.

In my graduating class no one has gotten a job yet. Apparently its difficult to get into at this time.

I got my Master's in Computer Science, very difficult and learned a lot, taking ~16 Computer Science courses, implementing many coding projects, publishing papers and all that.

But many applications don't ask about education. They seem to ignore it and ask for experience.

I even did the Grind75 and am beyond that at even ~120 LeetCode questions in top recommended problems.

I am curious, what do you think of my situation?

6. TG957

Have you participated in any open source projects, hackathons or volunteer unpaid coding jobs? Those can be a great source of connections within the industry. Another one way into the door are internships, although since you already graduated, it may no longer be available.

If you want, you can send me your resume via direct message, I can look at it and maybe help you improve your resume.

7. Jawarrior1

Aww,

You are so nice. Ill send you a DM about the resume.

Yea I did volunteer code contributions to an open-source project/community.

It is in my resume, ill show you :D

8. Mala

Mala Well known member

Sadly this article is only available to subscribers.

9. TG957

10. Jawarrior1

Weird. It says "only for subscribers" but I can read all of it? Cool to get published like that behind a paywall.

Mala likes this.
  11. TG957

I can gift up to 5 articles per month. Link is good for 2 weeks.

Mala likes this.
  12. Mala

Mala Well known member

Thanks Tamara. i can read it now.

Mala

TG957 likes this.
  13. CaptivaLady

CaptivaLady Peer Supporter

would love to see your resume. My company is looking for people like you! Bout to head out for errands, but have your writing open for later today. Thanks!

TG957 likes this.
  14. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Very nice, Jessie, aka @Jawarrior1! Very accessible and relatable, and really well-written. I'm bookmarking your site!

Jawarrior1 likes this.
  15. Jawarrior1

Thank you. That is an encouragement.