1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Alcohol and Gut Health

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by GTfan, Jul 3, 2024.

1. GTfan

GTfan Well known member

So, I'm a 34M. It seems like now as I have gotten older that if I have more than a couple of drinks then I start to have bad gut issues like bloating, stomach pain, etc. If I drink enough to get drunk then sometimes my gut is absolutely wrecked for 3-4 days until I start feeling normal again. Since I started taking AG1 and probiotics, it has helped trmendously (the last year), but in the last month or so I have had a lot of gut issues.

Now, I know the obvious answer is to just quit drinking. But I do enjoy a good bourbon or beer from time to time.

The gut issues seem to have gotten worse over the last month or so. I have noticed that the TMS treatment works with unpleasant feelings in the gut. A few weeks back, I was having some odd constant, dull pains in my abdomen. I noticed that I was getting obsessive over it, so after recognizing that, I consciously put my mind on other things and the unpleasant feelings subsided.

I think this is a combination of physical issues from outside toxins (alcohol) and also the TMS side using the opportunity to amplify the unpleasant gut feelings as a distraction.

Has anyone had similar issues?

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I haven't but my husband has problems with asthma - which he only gets if he eats wheat - but also when he drinks it!! like beer and whisky... he is fine with wine/cider or gluten-free beer. So that might be another angle - it is a common allergen.
    The TMS approach is worth taking anyhow - my husband did the SEP course and found it really helped him to get to know himself....