1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Angry for the first Time of my life

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by lili2002, Mar 17, 2024.

Tags:
  1. lili2002

lili2002 New Member

OMG. I'm 48 and Yesterday I told my mother "don't speak to me like that and leave my home". As usual she was like a witch but I did it.
    As far as I remember she has been angry. Not me.
    And now I feel so sad and my TMS brain says "you're in danger" "you're in danger" and Im fighting against culpability.
    So much new things for me! I'd like to keep this rage with me, just a little. But How?

Baseball65 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Emotions are not supposed to stay in you. They pass through you within a few minutes because they are nothing more than hormones.
    Remember that your body continually makes hormones, so emotions can come again.
    What you want to keep is the boundary you have made. You told your mother that if she speaks to you this way you will not listen to it. The key to boundaries is knowing that they change YOU (which is what you are experiencing) not the other person. You gain a sense of control.
    I too am working on this, and it feels empowering! Your mind will eventually learn that creating boundaries creates a sense of internal safety, over time. At first it will feel unsafe, especially if it angers others or they leave our lives over them (abandonment). You teach your brain that living in peace is so much better than living in the chaos it has created.

lili2002 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

lili2002 likes this.
  4. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

..and don't try to rationalize it away.. a lot of modern feelgood psychology is so focused on 'positive thinking' that it is TMS Provoking.

Now, on another topic, if you're having your first one of these at 48? No WONDER you have TMS.

lili2002 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  5. lili2002

lili2002 New Member

OUI! Back pain for 25 ans, 2 surgeries, pain moving all the time, I m sure now with TMS
    I'M in progress. Able to Say "fuck it" and stay in bed once a week without thinking "oh if I don t make my yoga/bike/breath exercises my leg will hurt". Able to cry. Better with anxiety even if still have AD treatement. But anger IS still so inconfortable and difficult to feel, even if I know that IS the Key! I write like a child almost everyday.

JanAtheCPA likes this.