1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Any TMS MBS success stories of the aged (apart from Dr. Sarno himself)?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by bagofwater, Nov 30, 2023.

1. bagofwater

bagofwater Peer Supporter

I have an 82 year old friend that has been recommended major surgery, by a back-surgeon. I gave this friend Dr. Sarno's Healing Back Pain a few years ago, but I don't think he read it. As a Sarno/now A Gordon veteran everything this friend tells me about his condition says to me that it's a classic mind-body problem (it often sounds like he's reading from HBP when he tells me his symptoms!).

He's a dear friend and if he were 10 or 20 years younger I'd be adamant that he consult a PPD/TMS etc. doc before he had surgery. My question is, at that age is it wise to try to make him see the mindbody light one more time, or could his condition really merit surgery?

...and I know it rarely works to force mindbody info down peoples throats, but I'm thinking the 6 to 12 months of recovery time, the surgeon says he's in for, might make him take another look. What would you do if he were your friend?

Thanks!

2. Mala

Mala Well known member

TG957, JanAtheCPA and bagofwater like this.
  3. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Recently I read of someone healed from 76 (or maybe more?) years of back pain through TMS work.

TG957 and bagofwater like this.
  4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

It's never too late, and Walt Olesky was proof of that. I would strongly recommend that your friend read The Divided Mind - one of the additional authors who contributed chapters discusses the internal, and usually repressed, rage of aging. That was my TMS trigger at age 60, and when I read that, it was my biggest TMS light bulb moment.