1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Chronic muscle soreness, migraines, plantar fasciitis and then some

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Recovering Perfectionista, Aug 27, 2023.

1. Hello there,

I am only a couple weeks into learning about TMS and have been binging on mind body books and resources. I found Nicole Sachs’ podcast first then listened to Healing Back Pain, The Body Keeps the Score, and just ordered Pain Free for Life by Scott Brady, MD.

I am 95% accepting the TMS diagnosis. Doctors haven’t found any real reasons for my chronic muscle pain, plantar fasciitis, migraines, IBS/digestive issues, sciatic flare ups, wrist/shoulder/knee intermittent pain, and I definitely have the “TMS personality.” I had just had my functional practitioner recommend reintroducing movement, yoga in particular, and I've gone to numerous classes in the past few weeks. My low back pain, which was one of my most consistent symptoms has already noticeably eased (so much so that it didn't even occur to me to put it in my thread title!) since starting journaling and yoga and seeing my life through the mind body lens.

Yet, there are niggling doubts: A low lying fear of what if this doesn’t work for me and I look/feel like a fool for believing it would help? Or what if there is some underlying structural or genetic issue? I was particularly wondering about my feet issues because I’ve been told I have flat feet or collapsed arches/overpronation, but I read several threads this afternoon relating to feet issues and they were encouraging.

Excited to be on this healing journey and to have so many resources available!

Thanks to all who have gone before.

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

We all had them. Totally normal when you've been brainwashed to think there's something 'wrong' with you by the "Medieval Structural Model'...they will go away, but don't force it...your own recovery will prove it to you
    My son has feet like Fred Flintstone...and zero pain and is an active athlete. He is also well educated in TMS Theory.
    I once had a feeling like I was stepping on a Nail on virtually every step...and it was TMS. It went away with Zero treatment...well, that's not true. I had to inspect when it happened and it began while I was playing referee in a fight between my siblings over an inheritance...which PROVES it was TMS

welcome

JanAtheCPA and BloodMoon like this.
  3. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, it says this about flat feet on Wikipedia:

"A 2005 study of Royal Australian Air Force recruits that tracked the recruits over the course of their basic training found that neither flat feet nor high arched feet had any impact on physical capability, injury rates or bipedal aptitude. Although there have been results rendered from military trials that have shown those with flat feet to have fewer injuries.[24]

No current studies have been successful in fully ascertaining the chronic, long-term detriments to health that are caused by the overexertion (of which is necessary for athletes/soldiers performing with flat feet) and other compensating measures commonly enacted by the body during bipedal movement.

Another divergent study of 295 Israel Defense Forces recruits found that those with high arches had almost four times as many stress fractures as those with the lowest arches.[25]

A later study of 449 U.S. Navy special warfare trainees found no significant difference in the incidence of stress fractures among sailors and Marines with different arch heights.[26]"

I have high arches, but was was still diagnosed with plantar fasciitis (at the time I could hardly walk due to the excruciating pain); I then learned about TMS and then the so called 'plantar fasciitis' stopped and another part of my body started hurting for no apparent reason (which TMS has more than a tendency to do and which makes you doubt yourself) - but it was all TMS.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2023
    JanAtheCPA and Baseball65 like this.