1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3- questions to ponder

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by SteveW, Jun 29, 2024.

Tags:
  1. SteveW

SteveW Peer Supporter

I just reviewed the activities for day three of the SEP. The question to ponder was asking about the last time I did a physical activity/exercise.
    Throughout my pain history, I haven’t become totally immobile, but definitely restricted as far as the intensity and duration of what I’ve been able to do. An activity that I’ve got to do pretty much daily is walking with the dogs. This is always in the woods and I’m always carrying a backpack. In general, I’ve noticed that since I’ve learned about TMS, the discomfort has actually gone up during walking, which it never really seemed too before. I’ve also noticed that some days lately I’m extremely comfortable walking and other days I can feel some significant tightness around my midsection and butt area, which is hard to ignore at times.
    To answer the question directly in the Day 3 question to ponder, last time I went out was yesterday. And overall, I felt a range from slight to moderately nervousouness about the tension I felt in my lower back/butt area.
    The most disheartening thing a doctor has told me about my symptoms was that I should keep doing more of the same things that have not been working consistently (“conservative treatment”), which was so obviously bullshit.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2024
    hecate105 and Baseball65 like this.
  2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Its good to have dogs - you have to walk them for their health - but it improves our health too - solvitur ambulando (it is solved by walking)

SteveW likes this.