1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dermatitis in the ear

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by SleepyPigeon0608, Mar 19, 2024.

1. SleepyPigeon0608

SleepyPigeon0608 New Member

I recently had an ear infection that I treated with antibiotics ear drops, after trying to treat it originally with oral medication (not sure what my GP was thinking there). My ears have gotten much better but I'm finding there's a little flakeyness in my ears and a touch of soreness. It could potentially be dermatitis (something I've had in the past on my hands during 2020 - ironically while the pandemic was happening). Is this a TMS thing, too? I don't want to keep going back to the Doctors, especially since my GP is one that's quite deadpan and quick to get me out the door when we have an appointment.

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Maybe, maybe not.
    I have had this, my Mom has it...it really only becomes TMS if you become obsessed with it.
    Decide if it's simply important enough to go to the Dr. with. I've never gone to the Dr. with mine. It's no big deal, really and I figure it began with chronic ear infections as a child. I have never been that much concerned with it even though I have sensations in my ear many times a day, and sometimes flaky skin. At some point you have to recognize that the body has sensations, and it has "Stuff" like flaky skin ... and then you just have to decide what is more important to occupy your mind... a few flakes of skin, or life.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Worth repeating.