1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Do someone knows TRE?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by lili2002, Mar 14, 2024.

1. lili2002

lili2002 New Member

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I briefly checked out this link, @lili2002 - it's pretty interesting. I know that a lot of therapeutic breathing regimes are designed to engage and relax the vagus nerve, and I think that vagus nerve work is a very helpful addition to our anti-anxiety toolkits.

I didn't watch most of the 13-minute introductory video that is farther down the page, but it looks like it teaches a basic routine or series of exercises which people can try on their own.

I appreciated the spoken disclaimer at the start of the video, where he says that doing these exercises without a trained practitioner is suitable for people with stress and anxiety, but perhaps not for people with mild trauma, and definitely not for anyone with severe trauma. I tend to say the same about doing the emotional work here!

Thanks for this interesting information, and keep letting us know how it's going!

~Jan

lili2002 likes this.