1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

EFT Tapping

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by North Star, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Markus

Markus Guest

Nick Ortner seems very genuine,and on Amazon the reviews are amazing. It's definitely worth learning about!
    M

2. ash86

ash86 Peer Supporter

I have been working with a TMS coach and she suggested tapping. I love it. I know that tapping itself will not cure the pain, but it definitely helps express emotions and change limiting beliefs. Just another life tool in the TMS toolbox. :)

Markus and Mala like this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I try to forgive those who cause me to have a pain in the neck or anywhere.
    I ask the Lord to forgive them and bring them peace. That helps bring me peace.

4. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

North (Rock) star! I've tried EFT and it was excellent. Really shifted some gunk I had been storing.

Markus likes this.
  5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Colly, I love thinking of TMS pain as gunk. It makes it less serious in our mind.

My favorite Tapping is the Youtube video: Louise Hay sits down with Tapping Solutions' Nick Ortner.
    She goes back to her childhood anxieties.

6. Lori

Lori Well known member

Recently Nick Ortner sent a link to subscribers that showed his original film from a few years ago and I watched it two or three times. The stories of the people, their health issues/traumas, and how they went about healing them (through tapping) was absolutely wonderful. I even wrote Nick a note that I had forgotten the power of that film since I had first seen it. If you listen carefully to the people, you find what their childhood issues were and how their lives have been affected. And how to un-do the thinking, beliefs, etc.

My take is if you believe it is going to help you, it will. Conversely, if you don't. . .

I equate tapping to verbal journaling. And I love and accept myself!!! :D

7. Ollin

Ollin Peer Supporter

It may look funny to some, but also you may be surprised how little attention most people pay to what others, with whom they don't directly interact, do.

In public I use the finger tapping points, plus the wrist points. http://www.practicalwellbeing.co.uk/fingertip-eft/
    Can tap under a table during stressful meetings. Also good for headaches (don't want to tap on the head), and when trying to fall asleep.

I got the new book by Nick Ortner, Tapping solution for pain relief. It looks really good, what I read so far - very consistent with TMS theory, even talks about Sarno and TMS.
    I started tapping on the symptoms (first step of the recommended process), when I noticed the feelings of frustration coming up "I've had this pain for so long, nothing seems to work, etc.". so I tapped on this frustration and it disappeared. But pain is still there - may need more inner work on its causes and secondary gains, etc. Although it was real good that it stopped bothering me and I could calm down and get on with my day.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  8. Ollin

Ollin Peer Supporter

And for the sceptics and other scientists:
    There were many controlled studies showing the efficacy of EFT for various conditions (like Dawson Church's one on PTSD sufferers showing that tapping lowers cortisol levels, from the top of my head). The mechanism is still not known with certainty, but neurologically it's believed that tapping while focusing on some negative emotions counterconditions the fight-or-flight response in the amygdala, which clears the physiological response to previously stressful thoughts. You might look up this article, esp. on p. 15. http://innersource.net/ep/images/stories/downloads/Acupoint_Stimulation_Research_Review.pdf

Penny2007 likes this.
  9. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for chiming in, JLM. The jury is still out with my opinion on Tapping. In some ways I think it might help and in others my inner skeptic speaks up. (Probably the reason it's not been a slam dunk success for me so far.)

I did tap on an issue this morning and that seemed to help. I had quite a dream last night that helped me see some of the rage bubbling toward a loved one. I think the tapping did help process through some stuff I wasn't even aware was there.

10. StephAh

StephAh New Member

If your inner skeptic is still speaking up, just tap on it. Tap on anything that puts a charge, tension or a heaviness in you. You don't have to believe that it (the tapping) works or will work. Just notice the issue (doubt, not believing, skepticism, etc.) and rate the intensity that you are feeling it at on a scale of 0 to 10, then just tap on it anyway (despite your doubt, disbelief, skepticism). Then check in to how those disbelief feelings of tension are rating now. And just keep going back and forth tapping, and rating, until you have gotten rid of the tension of doubt.

You don't really need to do this, because EFT works with or without belief, as long as you follow the steps. But it's better to do it anyway because, when you no longer have the tension associated with doubt or disbelief to contend with, you are much more likely to remember to use EFT for more issues as they come up. And EFT, simply put, just frees you from the issues that you stop to address with it.

11. CGP

CGP Peer Supporter

Hi Guys,

I wanted to share that I found a healing EFT/Tapping meditation called "Befriending Your Body" - it has helped me immensely with some skin irritations and my general feeling of worry. I have only done 3 or 4 sessions, but noticed a difference after one.

Having a written script and directly speaking to your body seems to be key, for me.

Claire

12. jlm

jlm Peer Supporter

If you are on Facebook, follow The Tapping Solution or Nick Ortner's own page. He and his sister, Jessica, have been posting tapping sessions on various subjects. I really appreciate having someone to tap with. I think it keeps my monkey mind under control. Jessica's are often on weight loss, which I don't need, but I can insert my own words where necessary. The more I learn about Traditional Chinese Medicine, the more I appreciate anything that deals with the meridians (basically access points in the river of energy that runs through the body).

CGP likes this.
  13. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Interesting discussion. I too have had lots of tapping experience, for over 15 years. Have been to EFT conferences and seminars, practiced on self and taught others. It can be very helpful. There are specific protocols for various maladies, but these are not necessarily required. Just the general tapping routine that is taught to most classes will access the meridian points needed. There is a specific one for pain too. It can be helpful. Being consistent and open and allowing yourself to be honest with yourself, all of this helps.
    Lainey

Penny2007 and CGP like this.
  14. untangledweb

untangledweb Peer Supporter

I just did this tapping meditation and it was lovely. I realized that I’ve been a drill sargent towards my body and I wonder why it, I, don’t heal.
    I treat my body like my father treated us as children. Without compassion. Then, I wonder why I’m addicted to sweets (just like a child trying to sooth them self). The only thing I had control over.
    Thank you so much for sharing this. I will utilize this in healing all of me.

15. Kathryn858

Kathryn858 New Member

I can recommend a wonderful EFT practitioner called Nancy Morris who I worked with over the phone. She is kind, supportive and insightful and helped me greatly with working through some emotional things I had been scared to face alone.

untangledweb likes this.