1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Excessive Body Heat and Fear

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by am.21, Jul 10, 2024.

Tags:
  1. am.21

am.21 Newcomer

Hi everyone! One of the last symtoms I’ve been trying to tackle is my temperature regulation/burning sensation and sweating. I know TMS likes to hold onto things we fear the most. I always was self conscious about the heat issues with dating,and men actually have pointed out how physically hot to touch I am. So fear confirmed.. how do I handle the fear and letting go that I used to be the girl who was always cold and quite literally never sweat in hot yoga… any advice would be helpful!

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @am.21 and welcome! Can you please tell us what you know about Dr Sarno and TMS and if you've ever done a TMS or mindbody-based program or mental health therapy? That will help us focus on relevant advice!

3. am.21

am.21 Newcomer

Hi @JanAtheCPA thanks for the warm welcome! I actually have done a mind body program through Mass General Hospital back in 2020 when I first developed all my symptoms and have read the way out and done exercises on curable. I have been on and off journaling/meditating. I’ve been in therapy for over 10 years now, and have been able to overcome my anxiety mostly and anorexia. I try to give myself consistent messages of safety these days

4. JanAtheCPA

Great info, @am.21, that's super helpful.

The rest of my day is booked, but hopefully this will prompt other responses and I might have some specific thoughts as well.

However, I would suggest that you change your title a bit, because I assumed at first that it was related to the dangerous heat waves we're experiencing in the northern hemisphere. In fact there was another post about heat wave stress this morning!

I don't think you can edit your subject line, but I can. I would suggest perhaps "body heat" or "excessive body heat", something like that?

Think about it, as I get ready for my exercise class right now - back later dancea

5. am.21

am.21 Newcomer

Oh helpful suggestion to change the topic of convo, you can change to either!

thanks again for any insight and hope you enjoy the class :)

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  6. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

I did a forum search for your symptoms, and the beloved Grand Eagle @Dorado also had temperature regulation and sweating as one of their symptoms. Here's an excellent post that will help you keep your mind/body practices going and help you realize it's simply another symptom. http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/how-i-healed-from-a-myriad-of-symptoms.18723/ (How I healed from a myriad of symptoms)

Somethings to think about:
    Why is this sensation effecting you so much? You mention being "afraid" and feeling "self-concious" but neither of those are emotions. How is this actually making you feel emotionally about yourself?
    There many be fear but is the fear about being hot, or is it actually a fear attached to something else (eg. fear of being liked, or accepted).
    The sensations of "heat" is often associated with anger. Have you explored your unconscious internal anger?
    Soothe yourself by knowing that this physical sensation most likely just simply your autonomic nervous system being stuck in a position and it is temporary. Mind/body practices have done so much for you, but you might simply need to go a little deeper, and see that this fear may have a broader base. You are so accomplished at mind/body work, you can confront the emotions surrounding this symptom and move forward - it is important to feel confident and powerful in dealing with these symptoms, they can't control you if you don't let them.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  7. JanAtheCPA

Haha, it's a short but intense online class, and talk about body heat - I'm dripping and headed for the shower. New title posted.