1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

From Pallative Care to living life (not my story)

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Fal, Sep 8, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Fal

Fal Peer Supporter

Below is Angie who was about to be moved into a hospice to die due to how sick she was until a surgeon who had dealt with her before got back in touch. Now she’s 100 percent better and living life, all due to TMS. Some of the things she had were POTS, MCAS, h-EDS among several others.

Diana-M, Dorado and TG957 like this.
  2. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Amazing to see! I have all the same diagnoses as her and am also in a fantastic place. It’s so good to hear this story.

HealingMe and Diana-M like this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Bump. For your weekend viewing, folks.

4. HealingMe

HealingMe Well known member

Really enjoyed this interview. I love Dan Buglio’s success stories.

Things I took away:
    • Mindset is one of the most important things in your recovery. I personally was proud of being a person who saw things half glass empty before TMS (I’m 31, no shame in the age game, and I’ve been this way my whole life until discovering TMS this year). I didn’t realize how detrimental it was to my mind and body. Shifting my mindset by practicing redirecting negative thoughts to positive has been incredibly profound in my recovery. (It’s not easy in the beginning, in fact it’s like sandpaper on your tongue as described in the interview)
    • Celebrating your wins and the symptom you want the most to go away is the LAST to go. I’m excited to implement this into my life. Because I’m not recovered from my “OCD” ruminations and doubt and anxious thoughts, that it must mean that I’m not healed. When in fact, I’ve healed my various chronic pains and I’ve noticed a shift in my overall mindset (positive thoughts) is… a major win. This point really hit me. We have to celebrate our wins whether we THINK they are stupid or silly or embarrassing.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2024
    Cactusflower and JanAtheCPA like this.
  5. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

And, to follow @HealingMe - she admitted she has more work to do, and that it's not something that just stops abruptly when the symptoms are gone..she wants to keep them gone by continually doing the work and is excited about the changes in her interior landscape. I get really excited when I get a mental stumbling block, because it means I have the opportunity to do more work and find myself in a better place.

6. Fal

Fal Peer Supporter

Another one her just posted yesterday and it’s along the same lines at Angies story so didn’t want to create another thread.

Vanessa's TMS / PDP Success Story - Many Symptoms

Trigger warning: The START of her story is very very rare. That issue was treated successfully, but caused a cascade of perceived danger symptoms such as:
    Vertigo
    MIgraines
    Digestive / Anemia
    Anxiety
    Agoraphobia
    Small Fiber Neuropathy
    POTS
    Frequent UTI's
    MCAS - Mast Cell Activation Syndrome
    Food sensitivities
    Gastroparesis
    Tachycardia