1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

gluteus tension and toe spasm

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ned2020, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Ned2020

Ned2020 New Member

Hi, guys. I come here again. This is my last post.

https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/how-to-cure-butt-tension.24163/#post-125550 (How to cure butt tension?)

I want to discuss it again.

I got lower back pain ten years ago, and I suffered it for almost two years until I read Dr.Sarno's book.

After the pain disappeared, the gluteus tension remained and the toes of my right foot started moving involuntarily. Sometimes the right side of my lower back felt very stiff. it lasts until recently, about seven years, and it neither gets better nor worse.

here is a video about my toes.

https://youtube.com/shorts/tQ9KCMEB3xI

Does anyone have similar experiences to share?

Recently, I started to see a doctor again. I told her my situation and she knows TMS, which surprised me because I can't find any information in Chinese about TMS on the Internet. She suggested taking an electromyogram. The EMG shows nothing wrong. The next day after finishing the test, I was sitting on a step, and suddenly I felt a sense of relief in my gluteus. It's much better now, but my gluteus still has tension. Maybe this whole thing means some part of my brain or body still believes that there is some physical damage that happened to my gluteus or lower back? I don't know...

Taking tests like EMG, MRI, etc seems nonsense if I have TMS. Maybe it can change my deep recognition which is beyond the mind?

Does anyone have some thoughts, insight, or wisdom to share?

Thank you very much.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2024
  2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

The idea behind TMS is not uncommon in traditional Chinese medicine. Actually it's one of the very focal points of the practice - Fire represents the nervous system which is intertwined with the way we think and feel. I think the idea of TMS (the mind/body connection) has been deeply ingrained in Chinese culture in the past, but with the adoption of Western Medicine, it is getting lost.

Your past post has many wonderful nuggets of information in the comments. I suggest you read them again and let them sink in. It is very common with TMS that symptoms move around until you are able to teach your brain that there is no "fire" to put out so to speak.

JanAtheCPA and Ned2020 like this.
  3. Ned2020

Ned2020 New Member

Yes, you're right. As a Chinese, maybe my knowledge about traditional Chinese medicine is not as much as yours, our education system is based on Western.

Thank you for your suggestions, I will read them again.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. Bonnard

Bonnard Well known member

Hello @Ned2020 ,

One quick (immediate) step you could take is to return to that Dr. Sarno book and focus on the specific questions and suggestions in there. There are suggested practices in the book that could give you relief from these new symptoms.

Reading the book through (spending an entire day on it!) gave you immediate relief. The back pain left, but different symptoms stuck around. You now know that what you're dealing with is TMS, and you know that more work is needed because the symptoms came back.

There are more practices and resources available, but since you connected so well with that Dr. Sarno book, it's worth starting there.

Here's the Sarno book reference in your first post:
    That miracle you mention could be ongoing and long-term! Just do some of the work and you'll get there.

And, this is from your current post:

JanAtheCPA likes this.