1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Happiness insurance

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Diana-M, May 13, 2024.

1. Diana-M

Diana-M Well known member

Once, long ago, I was a single mother, in a very desperate situation, struggling to make ends meet. I was so overwhelmed and forlorn, I really couldn’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. I couldn’t see anything good coming out of my life’s circumstances. Then, one day, I said to myself, “You know what? This misery I’m having now is happiness insurance.” And sure enough, it was. To this day—30 years later, I have never ever failed to be full of pure joy that I have food in my house. An orange! A piece of chocolate! How happy I am! And it’s all because I know how terrible it feels to wish I could go grocery shopping, and I couldn’t.

This TMS episode I’ve had the past couple years, and the worst of it, the past 6months, has been a living nightmare. I’m not exaggerating. Walking, showering, getting into bed, doing ANYthing has been so hard. I’m exasperated! But, I keep thinking back to that single mother lesson. When I recover from this, will I EVER be ungrateful for the ease of a shower? The ease of getting myself a cup of tea? The amazing happiness that a walk outside would bring? No!!!! I will be thrilled!!! Much happier, I bet, than the average person ever could be. So, happiness insurance. It’s happening again!

Booble and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Booble

Booble Beloved Grand Eagle

I love this, Diana. Happiness Insurance.
    I'm so glad that yo are able to see the rainbows after the rain.

Diana-M likes this.