1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone recovered here from chronic upper trapezius pain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by fmisiaczek, Aug 12, 2023.

1. fmisiaczek

fmisiaczek New Member

Need some reassurance. Has anyone recovered here from chronic upper trapezius pain using Sarno's techniques?

2. mbo

mbo Well known member

Upper trapezius, knee, elbow, foot, back,..... The location of TMS pain is absolutely irrelevant. It is a sofisticate strategy driven by our brain in order to generate protection and/or distraction. Weird ...but true !

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

That pain is A1, Prima Fascia TMS indicator...and yes , most of us have had that and it is TMS.

If you read Sarno's Original material he sighted tenderness in that muscle as a Diagnostic criteria For TMS...meaning if someone didn't have pain there, it probably wasn't TMS!

He changed this later, but yes, had it for years and it is TMS..Every morning pulling out of my driveway, I had to turn my whole body as my TRAPEZIUS was so tender and spasmed I couldn't turn very well.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. Mr Hip Guy

Mr Hip Guy Well known member

This is the classic "crick in the neck" area and I am literally experiencing it right now. :)

I had some TMS flareups this weekend - started with some chest pain, transferred to some chronic hiccups, and finally settled yesterday on stubborn neck, upper trapezius tightness. I'm convinced it is TMS and treating it as such.

(Btw - I was shocked at how quickly the hiccups went away when I consciously recognized it as TMS)

JanAtheCPA likes this.