1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16 Have you told anyone

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Kickflip, Aug 24, 2024.

1. Kickflip

Kickflip New Member

I've told a lot of people I have TMS. My girlfriend, my friends Celina and Dave and Tom and Stan and Alex and Josh and Elissa and Colleen and my girlfriend's parents.

Why? All these people know I have been struggling with shoulder and neck and arm pain for a long time and I update them about things. They ask how it's been going and so when I discovered TMS I shared with them.

Also I was excited and hopeful and wanted to share that as well.

Also I want to spread knowledge about this. I think all these people (as everyone does) have experienced some form of TMS or equivalents and know others who have and will. I am grateful for the person who introduced me to TMS and want to help spread this so that other people can also heal their pain.

Also explaining it helps me understand it more and reinforces my belief.

Everyone has reacted positively. They are happy that I am more active, not as stressed, happier, not going to endless doctors appointments, and I'm sure they're happy I'm not spending so much time complaining about the broken Healthcare system and incompetent doctors lol. People have been interested in it and learning about it. Stan is a skeptic and I appreciate that about him (so am I) and that was maybe the only person who took the discussion there, which was fine, maybe Dave a little bit too. I think one or two other people might think it's nonsense, but they haven't expressed that to me and I think whether or not they think it they don't care because if it's working for me and I'm happy then that's great.

Oh I also told the neurosurgeon who I had surgery scheduled with when I was cancelling that lol. He didn't really say anything about it but he was really great overall and it was clear he was on board with a lot of concepts relayed to TMS. "Some people have pinched nerves and bone spurs and disc bulges and are not bothered at all, for some it's terrible, the science on this is still new and we do not know why that is. It's entirely up to you and your pain level whether we do surgery and if you are feeling better we absolutely shouldn't do it, and if you are ever feeling worse we can do it."

Diana-M and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

danceadanceadancea
    I always felt like my now-retired rheumatologist quietly agreed with my belief that my sudden-onset RA at age 69 was entirely stress-based, but being old-school, he couldn't bring himself to discuss it openly. He was very satisfied with my ability to keep it under control with minimal medication. His younger and female replacement is totally on board with the mindbody connection to all of the autoimmune conditions, and I couldn't be more thrilled.

It's an uphill battle, however. You're doing good work!

Kickflip likes this.
  3. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I think is a matter of semantics: Do emotional events trigger and activate pre-existing auto-immune conditions or whether their role is "causitive" in a strict philosophically define sense. My question though is: Does it really matter?

Diana-M likes this.