1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I don't know what to do with OCD.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Nov 15, 2022.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

So let's say I'm doing a challenge in a video game (recording it and posting it on Youtube) that I'm playing a game only using my feet, but then the camera went blurry and I had to fix it, while fixing it the character moved (I think I moved it with my feet using the controller) and then when I fixed it my mind told me to restart the WHOLE run because I moved the character, but the mind (ocd) tells me it was done with my hands and not with my feet (if I move with my hands it's cheating).

Should I listen to OCD and restart the whole run because it says I moved it with my hands and not my feet.

or should I continue the challenge and ignoring the ocd and accepting the anxiety?

I say this because it's probably going to youtube and having that up might bring anxiety, me thinking that I have lied I have sinned.

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Let yourself off the hook - tis a game! Do some TMS work around why you feel guilt etc..... the anxiety is probably linked to that.
    We get so uptight with ourselves... wouldn't you let someone else off the hook...? !