1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I think I might have burnout.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Jan 21, 2022.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

What do you guys usually do when feeling like burning out? I lose interest in things and can’t think straight.

I will try to apply TMS.

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

It’s a form of repression. Your mind can prevent you from feeling all emotions: happy, sad, angry.
    I found not forcing but also not giving up essential. I tell myself that I get it. You are doing this to keep me safe but I am FINE!
    Find gentle ways to “bring yourself back” to “now” help. Learning to teach yourself that your body and conscious mind are safe vessels. I myself meditate. Each time my mind drifts snd I bring it back to (whatever is your focus eg. Breath) you teach your mind to be in the here and now in safety. Emotional and somatic tracking are similar, as is a simple practice called “orienting” - you simply spend 3-5 minutes chilling out comfortably while looking around the room you are in (a familiar room is best) noting shapes of objects, corner, light dancing in the room or shadowy spaces, textures of fabrics, colors all with a sense of interest sort of like you’ve never seen those objects before.
    You can also try a common grounding process: find 5 colors in a room, hear four things in the distance, feel three different textures, smell two different smells (even just air or dust..get creative and REALLY tune in) and taste one thing (inside of mouth, remnants of coffee..)
    If you prefer to journal do that, every day.
    Pick one thing and do it daily for several months. It can take time to convince your subconscious you are safe. As you do more TMS work and excavate or feel feelings, this sense of disassociation can get stronger. Generally it seems to mean you are working in the right area, your brain (psyche, whatever) just kicks up a fuss. Remind yourself you are doing the right thing and that you are fine.
    It will pass. Mine passes and will at times return as I go deeper.

BagelSchnitzel and TG957 like this.
  3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Usually getting a lot of sleep and rest followed by a hike or yoga (insert your own favorite exercise) gets me out of a burnout state.

4. stevow7

It’s like I can’t do much, after some time I feel mentally burned out and need a nap. I don’t feel like I can work like a regular human

5. stevow7

I just feel mentally fatigued most of the time

6. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Which means that you need more rest, sleep and meditation to get out of it. Seriously. When was the last time you took a week-long vacation away from electronic devices, TV, social media etc?

7. learningmore

learningmore Peer Supporter

Can I ask a stupid question; what is burnout?

8. stevow7

but if I rest how can a lot of people have their daily life of work and study while I feel burnout? or mentally exhausted?

havent went to vacation in a long time.

9. stevow7

what im feeling is can’t think straight and almost no desire to do things, probably more stuff.