1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

If you are new stop looking for matching symptoms and try this instead!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Diana-M, May 24, 2024.

1. Diana-M

Diana-M Well known member

Long story short- I have massive TMS. And it’s been really bad the past 3 years. I tried everything I could think of. Then came to the wiki 3 months ago. Game changer! There is so much knowledge here flowing freely from good kind souls willing to guide you.

Just coming off 2 hours of journaling tonight. Did an hour and a half last night. Before that usually 30 - 60 min. per day. But I wanted to mention how significant tonight is because my numb feet started tingling like they are waking up! This is really encouraging because my symptoms overall have been worse lately and staying that way.

This is a grueling battle for some of us. A long grueling battle. And I’ve been pounding on this with psychotherapy, listening to Sarno read Healing Back Pain (fundamental for sufferers of every symptom) and reading stuff on the wiki more hours a day than I should.

It’s hard to be happy and live life in pain. Super hard. I have been trying what @Joima said about my “little children within” (IFS therapy) and talking to them when they act out with symptoms. Accepting them!

I’m mostly writing letters from these parts of me to my Self, the whole wise part of me. They explain in their words, what happened and how mad and sad they are. It’s really eye opening. I figure just let them talk. Let them tell it til they’re sick of it. I know their stories, but not from their points of view.

Digging my way out of this with a teaspoon. Have to keep digging. That’s the answer!

Last edited: May 24, 2024
  2. Booble

Booble Beloved Grand Eagle

Excellent!

Diana-M likes this.
  3. KimberlyQ

KimberlyQ Newcomer

Thanks for sharing this. I’m new, excited to be here. I’ve done a lot of inner child work in the past, perhaps I should get back to journaling about that!

Booble and JanAtheCPA like this.
  4. Diana-M

@KimberlyQ,
    Welcome! Yes, you should do that!

JanAtheCPA and KimberlyQ like this.
  5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

@KimberlyQ, I had mentioned Success Stories in your introductory post, but I'm also going to recommend @Diana-M's story, even though it's not yet in that subforum, because she writes so well about her journey, which includes plenty of childhood traum (Diana, I think you've told us your ACEs score is a 6?!!!).
    You'll want to find her original threads because reading all of her posts is a lot, because she's been so incredibly supportive and responsive on the forum since joining us not long ago. Here's the link to just the threads that she's started (I think this will work): Search Results | TMS Forum (The Mindbody Syndrome) (tmswiki.org)
    They are in reverse chron order, so start at the bottom of the results.
    To find just the threads started by a member, go to their profile, click on the Postings tab, go to the bottom and click on "...all threads started by...")

In the Success Stories subforum among the most recent, if not the most recent, is @Joima's story - be sure to read that. Also a survivor of childhood adversity.

KimberlyQ likes this.
  6. KimberlyQ

KimberlyQ Newcomer

Thank you @JanAtheCPA . The Search Results link isn’t working for me, but I looked at the other links.

7. Diana-M

Yes, it’s 6. I didn’t even know that was high! But it really does help to explain my lifelong battle with TMS. I hope to someday have a big success story to share. I’ve had some smaller ones in the past. This journey is so eye opening.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  8. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Here's how to find someone's original threads (because the Postings tab can sometimes return WAY too many results).

KimberlyQ likes this.
  9. KimberlyQ

KimberlyQ Newcomer

Thanks!