1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction to tms

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Jawarrior1, Jul 30, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Jawarrior1

Jawarrior1 Peer Supporter

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Jesse! It's nice to see you again and THIS IS AWESOME! Very nice, very concise. I'm going to bookmark it.

I have two minor suggestions. One is to add a couple of non-pain symptoms to your list. "Gastrointestinal issues" and "nervous system symptoms" will cover a lot of territory (those were my major symptoms during my TMS crisis in 2011 when I discovered Dr Sarno).

The other suggestion is that while Nicole Sachs is indisputably influential in this work, she is much more than an "influencer" the way that term is commonly used these days (and unfortunately, people in my generation do not necessarily think of the term in a positive way, due to the way it's being overused and abused and connected to people with zero expertise in anything). Nicole has a professional designation, which is LCSW - this is a U.S. designation which stands for Licensed Clinical Social Worker and it is a professional license issued by individual states to recognize the education, training and continuing education that therapists undertake. Anyone who is familiar with this designation will recognize and appreciate the significance of an LCSW who has experienced the power of this work. I also had a professional designation for more than 30 years (my CPA license, now officially retired) so I understand the significance, and I personally would like to see her recognized as Nicole Sachs, LCSW.

That's it, there's no need to complicate your message more than that.

Very nice job, and thank you for putting in the time to expand the greater awareness!

~Jan