1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Is osteoarthritis considered TMS or is it normal to have pain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by newarrior, Jul 3, 2023.

1. newarrior

newarrior Peer Supporter

Is osteoarthritis of the toes and fingers considered TMS or not? Thanks

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Osteo is caused by inflammation, and inflammation, as I just wrote in your other thread, is a physiological response to stress, among other things.

So it stands to reason that too many years of stress in today's world can result in OA. Or other inflammatory-based conditions.

The problem with arthritis is that by the time the joints have undergone certain physiological changes, while it might be very possible to stop the process with rigorous application of TMS recovery techniques (including a commitment to emotional healing if that has not been done), the damage already done in this particular condition might not be reversible.

However, I would think that using TMS techniques for arthritis pain is a no-brainer. Everyone knows by now that pain increases with fear, which makes total sense when you remember that all pain originates in the brain.

3. newarrior

newarrior Peer Supporter

That is scary and comforting

4. newarrior

newarrior Peer Supporter

Can I expect permanent disability from this damage ?