1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Is this prostate injured or CPPS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by petter38, Feb 13, 2024.

Tags:
  1. petter38

petter38 Newcomer

After trying prostate massage through rectum with 3 fingers from my GF, the next 4 hours, I got urinary urgency that night. Now the urgency is gone but I still have pain and discomfort in the perineum area especially after ejaculation and bowel movement. My tests came back negative for bacteria. I believe I now have Chronic pelvic pain syndrome from prostate play. My question is that is this still TMS or prostate injured? Is it possible that I have done permanent prostate damaged to my prostate from prostate play?

2. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

could be both! but i’d say wait it out. see what happens. it will likely just go away the minute you stop thinking about it.
    sometimes a real injury can have lingering pain due to TMS processes in the brain.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. amesbee83

amesbee83 New Member

Is this something you do a lot? Is there any reason you may be feeling guilt about it? Any opinions which may have been articulated about sexual satisfaction, when you were younger, or any adverse childhood events it could have triggered?
    I sometimes get pain during or after sex or feel guilty and it’s 100% linked to me being sexually abused, age 7.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. petter38

petter38 Newcomer

Does prostate injury cause chronic pain?

5. petter38

petter38 Newcomer

No just sometimes. I feel guilty because it caused me CPPS/chronic prostatitis symptoms. I'm afraid that I might ruined my prostate and I have to live with chronic pain for the rest of my life.

6. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

This is the kind of thing you'd have to ask a medical professional. We can't diagnose anything, and the methods here focus on what is going on with you psychologically.
    In general, chronic pain is something that lasts 3 months or more. Injuries usually heal before that.
    Dr. Sarno's findings are that chronic pain usually doesn't begin the cycle of psychological stress. Most often people don't recognize psychological stress in their life until the symptoms begin. They are like your body waiving a red flag that your mind is suffering in ways you have no been paying attention to. The symptom is merely a distraction to get you not to think about what in your life (any part of your life, past or present or a combination of it all) that creates rage, guilt, shame.
    If you'd like to know more, it's a good idea to read a book by Dr. Sarno - his books won't discuss your particular symptoms, but you can simply substitute your symptom for any he's written about.