1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Is this TMS or general muscle fatigue?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by MissShamrocks, Sep 24, 2024.

Tags:
  1. MissShamrocks

MissShamrocks Peer Supporter

I'm on my TMS journey for pudendal neuralgia which I do believe is TMS, but, I have a question regarding something else.

My friends and I were all recently talking about music festivals and general touristy things that keep you standing and walking all day. By the end of that day, we all have sore feet and backs. Is this a conditioned response OR is this just a normal occurrence from muscle fatigue and not getting enough sitting breaks?

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

This is normal.
    You go to the gym, you work out, you fatigue muscles.
    You work your body beyond it's usual capacity and you get tired.
    I bet that there are several other things that contribute to your capacity and stamina too. Sensory overload. Eating crappy touristy fast foods or heavy meals as one might do or have access too at such events.
    It's simply all part of the fun!

BloodMoon and Cap'n Spanky like this.
  3. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

It could be a little of both. But for the most part, it sounds totally normal. :)

BloodMoon likes this.
  4. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

If you and your friends aren't normally on your feet all day long, then you are asking your muscles to do something that they are not used to doing. If you stood and walked all day every day or virtually every day, your muscles would be liable to strengthen, adapt and you'd feel no to little fatigue and soreness.

5. MissShamrocks

MissShamrocks Peer Supporter

Thank you all!

Cap'n Spanky likes this.