1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with BruceMC as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Like Mind Like Body episode, with a mindbody-based PT

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by JanAtheCPA, Nov 26, 2023.

1. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

The Nov 17 episode of Like Mind, Like Body, titled "Treating the Brain and the Body"
    features Charlie Merrill, MSPT who has been working recently with Dr. Schubiner. He tells his story of how he came to incorporate mindbody practice into his physical therapy practice, and how it now informs the basis of of his treatment plans.

I think this is great information for anyone who is engaged in, or wants to engage in, PT, but who continues to have anxiety over Dr. Sarno's supposed injuction against any form of physical or hands-on treatment. I don't personally believe in that interpretation, and I've tried to explain over the years how the apparent dichotomy can be interpreted differently, but Charlie does it a lot better. Plus of course there's a ton of other great information, just like all of the LMLB episodes. He does an excellent job of describing the difference between acute injury and chronic conditions.

Curable podcasts are free, and featured in reverse chronological order at Like Mind, Like Body Podcast - Curable Health. Scroll down to find previous episodes (the last one prior, with Daniel Lyman, was also excellent).

Enrique likes this.
  2. KeepGoing

KeepGoing Newcomer