1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

lipomas

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by newlearner, Mar 15, 2022.

1. newlearner

newlearner Peer Supporter

Alright, this TMS thing has gotten me thinking. Lipomas are fatty tumors. I have had a bunch removed, they often appear as mounds under the skin. Can this be a sign of TMS? Like stress somehow causes your body to create these things that aren't supposed to be there?

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

We're not medical professionals here, but if you'd like the viewpoint of an MD with a mindbody approach, I highly recommend When the Body Says No, by Dr. Gabor Mate. The first part of the book is pretty physiologically technical, but don't let that put you off. He is a wonderful and compassionate writer, and his theories might blow your mind wide open - which is a good thing. It was the third book that helped to rescue my life back in 2011, after The Divided Mind (Sarno) and Hope & Help For Your Nerves (Claire Weekes).