1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a TMS support group or therapist

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by bluealchemy, Feb 6, 2024.

1. bluealchemy

bluealchemy Peer Supporter

I'm just getting started, I would love to find a weekly group or TMS practitioner to work with to facilitate my journey <3

2. amesbee83

amesbee83 New Member

Where are you based?

3. bluealchemy

Denver

4. amesbee83

amesbee83 New Member

Ah okay. I am based in London, UK. Had difficulties finding someone as TMS is a relatively new concept to us! I used a website called SIRPA to find a practitioner - could work for you if you’re willing to do online sessions? Good luck!

5. bluealchemy

I'll check it out! Thank you!

amesbee83 likes this.
  6. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

There are some great lists to find coaches and practitioners on the PPD Associate website. This website has a rather outdated list (still of some use) TMSWiki.org (scroll down page).
    This website offers two free self guided programs (scroll down page) - it's recommended to choose ONE method
    Many coaches and practitioners offer groups and programs (Dan Buglio, Rebecca Tolin...and others - generally you register and they let you know when there is an opening).
    SIRPA has an excellent up to date listing of practitioners one of whom is in the US (the rest are mainly UK)
    The Pain Reprocessing website also offers an excellent list of people trained in that method

Most groups and almost all practitioners and coaches offer online coaching available anywhere. Decide what you are looking for so you can ask questions:
    Is there a program: a set list of skills to learn and implement on your own
    Is this a one time coaching session or is this a series of sessions?
    What is your training and qualifications - do they have a certificate from someone either from TMS work (like Dr. Schubiner, Pain Reprocessing, SIRPA training, trained by Dr. Sarno,) and or do they have a life coaching certificate?

7. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Nicole Sachs has a private Facebook group which is probably pretty big, and I don't know how many people would be active at any given time. However, for $99/month she has a virtual Zoom group which I think meets regularly for support on their own, plus a 3-hour session with Nicole each month. I might not have those details quite correct. Membership is limited, and might or might not have openings currently.

8. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Drew Coverdale has a fb group and he may run groups in the UK (not sure). Dan Buglio And Dr. Dan Ratner also run groups and classes. Dan Buglio has a big fb group and Dan Ratner offers live IG sessions on Thursdays at 6 (that would prob be 11 pm for you).

TG957 likes this.
  9. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Just to clarify, @bluealchemy who asked the question is in Denver ;)

miffybunny likes this.
  10. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Oh yes sorry! 11 pm would apply to @amesbee then lol and 4 pm for @bluealchemy . I recommend all 3 wholeheartedly but there are so many great channels and programs now that it's just a matter of what appeals to you.

amesbee83 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  11. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

TMSRoundtable has a Facebook group

miffybunny likes this.