1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Lost, Frustrated, and don't know where to go from here

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jdonato, Jul 23, 2023.

1. jdonato

jdonato Newcomer

Hi everyone,

First time posting here. My name is Jayden (32 year old, male). I am going to keep this relatively short so that I don't bore people with my life story.

Over the last couple years I have suffered from the following symptoms:
    - Lower back pain
    - Glute pain on right side only
    - Hip flexors always feel tight
    - Had a partial numb spot on right thigh -- doesn't really feel like it's there anymore. Hard to tell it's so subtle.
    - Occasionally a light tingling in right foot.
    - Air hunger
    - Tight head / head pressure/ dizziness rarely

About a year and a half ago I started dealing with this horrible condition called "hard flaccid", which has to do with the male pelvic region. I won't get into what this is, but it has certainly made me feel like my life is ruined.

I have seen SO many different physiotherapists, pelvic floor physiotherapists, chiropractors, I've seen both general and private doctors, multiple Urologists, Osteopath, Massage therapists etc, mental health counselling... Nothing has changed.

I have had blood work done, and most recently an MRI of both the lumbar spine and pelvis (pelvis MRI was completed with contrast dye). The conclusion of this MRI was that nothing was abnormal. At most, it said there was a slight thinning of the L5-S1 which could be the beginning of disc degeneration. The doctor basically said there's nothing here.

I have always been a highly anxious, obsessive, worrisome person for as long as I can remember. This all became really bad when I turned 19-20. I have grown tired of chasing cures. I have become so tired, bitter, stressed, defeated, and hopeless.

My friend has told me about TMS for about a year or so now and I have just recently listened to the audiobook "Healing Back Pain". I don't have anywhere else to turn now. I have exhausted all options and the private doctor I was working with has given up on me and said "I can't help you anymore".

If anyone here has dealt with this or something similar, I am all ears.

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi:
    Your symptoms are actually fairly common (to one degree or another) here.
    It is very hard when someone you felt was your hope to help you admits they can not.
    As you know by listening to Sarno’s book, we all go through this, and have ended up here.
    The great news is, you probably neglected to ask the one person who can help you, for help.. YOU!
    Go back to the very first page of this forum, if you have not and scroll down it: https://www.tmswiki.org/w/index.php?page=The_Tension_Myositis_Syndrome_Wiki (The Tension Myositis Syndrome Wiki)

You will find two free self guided programs. One based on Alan Gordon’s Pain Reprocessing (also a book),
    and another, the SEP which is longer based mostly on Dr. Schubiner’s Unlearn Your Pain (also a book). It is recommended to choose one program and follow it through to the end no matter what happens with your symptoms. Go slowly, break up long days of lesson if you need to (these are old, a few reading links are broken/no longer exist).
    Programs are the beginning of your journey. Completing them can be an amazing help for many: beginning to get you out of pain or giving you the confidence to know where the next phase of your healing may take you. Be patient; this is an unlearning both mentally and physically, be kind: this is hard work -you are challenging beliefs in yourself.
    Know you are not alone! When in doubt refer back to your book. Listen very carefully (a lot to take in), let it both sink in but also feel it.

BloodMoon likes this.
  3. jdonato

jdonato Newcomer

Thank you for the advice, I'll take a look at those things you mentioned.