1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Migraines/Aura/Ocular Success Stories

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by elchessboy, Aug 29, 2024.

1. elchessboy

elchessboy New Member

This one freaked me out long time ago, happened in a restaurant. then while driving. I broke down because i didnt know what was happening to me. I had this aura ocular migraine few times years ago. THIS IS A MIND BODY symptom! I got it in the car while driving and looking at something shiny then boom... from the top corner of the left eye i saw like colorful zig zag weird vision. its like something very unreal. YES they can be scary but once you know that your vision is GOOD and NOT fear them, they will lessen their 15 minute of weird corner eye fright! followed by a huge migraine. last time i had one was in 2013. I never got these again! WHY?: cus i dont fear them. last time it happend was 2013. out of nowhere it tried to trick my eye and then i excused myself, went to the bathroom , looked at the bathroom light and did jumping jacks ( i know , weird) and asked for MORE!! and it left in less than 2 minutes...my vision was perfect and the migraine never came about. NEver again did it try to creep up either Treat it like a friend..like a PRE CURSOR to a migraine! Usually the FEAR of any symptom will make it worse and keep it there for a long time! Also when i read healing back pain by dr john sarno, for another mind body symptom i was having , i came across that the great doctor sarno also had these ocular migraines. brings back memories. Anyway I dont get these any longer AT ALL. I dont fear them. what caused it for me is stress and its a way for your mind to distract you from something emotional and stressful. anxiety was around this ocular migraine. i would think about it everyday until i just gave up, looked at the sun light whenver i would see the floater from the corner of my eye...then it would lessen more and more to a point where the migraine didnt even appear. Never again did it get it, and if i do, ill hug it lol Good luck to everyone going thru this but u dont have to be sad and scared of it. I just want to add, dont google or youtube this.. Ive just saw few videos on this symptom usually from doctors talking about treatment, or run to the ER etc etc, . Do what you like, but I cured myself in a few months from this symtom and it didnt happen everyday, but everyday i was anxious on it. Ive read comments from people that have had this for 50 years! 20 years! 30! 4-5 times a year. some are still on pills. What would bring these on is looking at something shiny...like the glare from the sun hittin the window or a lamp. And the WAY OUT was to give it right back to it...by looking at the sunlight or something very shiny while the weird vision was happening, is what actually cured me from this symptom.

Take care everyone!

HealingMe likes this.