1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Mirroring Pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by gray118, Nov 15, 2022.

1. gray118

gray118 New Member

I am posting to see if anyone has had a similar experience to my own. I have been struggling with horrible neck and shoulder pain on my right side for 7 hrs and in the last 4-5 months my pain has shifted to my left side and is even more intense. Not sure if it could be related to my continued work on pain reprocessing but it is horribly aggravating and would like to know of others have had this experience.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome @gray118. If you're new to TMS work, I suggest that you go to the Success Stories subforum and do a search with some specific key words related to what you want to know.

Short answer: in the world of mind-induced physical symptoms, anything is possible, and yes, it has been experienced by people who learned to take control of their fear-based thoughts and recover from their physical symptoms.

I had two decades of debilitating neck spasms starting at age 40 that completely disappeared when I did this work in 2011. Among many other symptoms that started or got worse in 2010/2011 (when I turned 60) to the point where I was well on the path to becoming housebound. Thanks to Dr Sarno and the emotional work available via this forum, it never happened.

I see that you're also looking for OCD resources - OCD is its own particular challenge, but Cactusflower gave you a good place to start with Dr. Hanscom, formerly a spine surgeon now concentrating solely on the mindbody connection. I recommend that you sign up for his newsletter right away, and check out his resources.