1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My mind is trying to trick me and I don't know what to do.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Nov 30, 2022.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

Hello I'm a content creator and I want to use the following name of Stevow

I have this compulsion of thinking that if people call me Stevow (which is my nickname) my mind tells me I'm Steve-o or related or supporting him. The fact is, I like stevow but the problem is my mind keeps telling me to use another thing and it's already part of my brand. How can I stop this mindset of the mind telling me that if I use Stevow people will call me out saying I'm like or if I'm steve-o from jackass?

I have been using Stevow for many many years, but my mind says that if I use stevow im supporting Steve-o.

I really want to use stevow :(

sorry for posting this here, it's just I need help

Is this really ocd tho?

I can't stop thinking of it and my mind brings anxiety over and over.

How can I accept I'm Stevow and not Steve-o without my mind trying to betray me saying I'm not Stevow?

It's so so hard to trust the system here OP, but try to. It's your ticket to the way out of this.

When I went through it, my therapist asked me to list my top ten most anxiety producing thing, 1 being the least worrisome, 10 being the absolute worst. We worked our way through that list - facing each one as you're doing here. Saying the taboo thing, doing the "sin", whatever was on the list. It was hard, and I was reluctant, but letting go, trusting and doing it was what saved me. I tried to hold onto the ocd for way too long in therapy. Once I let go, the magic happened - I got my life back.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

It’s not a trick. It’s OCD.