1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

my neighbor was told her "lower discs are gone." TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by newlearner, Oct 20, 2024 at 6:07 PM.

Tags:
  1. newlearner

newlearner Peer Supporter

She had horrible pain, went to the hospital, scanned, told her lower discs are gone.

Could she still be helped by this book?

I know there is no result between disc imaging and pain. I moreover realize "gone" is not a specific observation.

Anyway... she said rather than surgery she wants to try and exercise through it with PT. So, would Sarno help?

2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

As you observe, her disks have not and cannot simply "go away". In fact, her disks never were missing. I suppose what the examiner means is that her disks are so badly herniated that they are bound to hurt all the time. Of course, like the so-called Scotch Verdict, that remains "unproven". Only a surmise or inference.

Baseball65 likes this.
  3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes she can be helped, just be careful so she doesn't shoot the messenger (LOL). The first person who TOLD me about Sarno I wanted to harm, just because of how much pain I was in..."YEAH, but MY pain is REAL!"

Generally when I have given the book out, I don't preface it too much other than mentioning I was in agony and the book relieved it.
    My sister is having like her 6th or 7th back surgery, yet has gotten hostile every time I have mentioned Sarno which she of course "Knows all about"

Of the dozen or so people I have given copies to? They have ALL gotten better. 100% cure rate

BloodMoon and Diana-M like this.
  4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I do think that working with a mindbody PT can be very beneficial. For one thing, they can provide assurance to the client that it is safe to increase activity and to challenge their self-limiting beliefs. Safety is what we crave, and it's vital for someone who is suffering.

I will offer a caveat about reading vs audio, which is that neither one is inherently superior, because it totally depends on the individual.

Personally, I just can't listen to one person read from a book. I always zone out and my mind goes a-wandering. I love the give-and-take of podcasts, but audiobooks are not for me. I need my eyes to be on the words in order to comprehend them. Tried audiobooks back in the day and quickly abandoned them, even for long drives. My music collection is what goes on the road with me :D

Anyway, I like to let people know that there are options to suit all styles.