1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My story

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Truediscovery, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Truediscovery

Truediscovery Newcomer

Hello Everyone,

Looking to see if there are others in my situation.

I have found success in John Sarnos work when he cured my back and neck pain. I was a classic case physics, chiro, pillows, reverse tables, neck braces whatever.

I had mri done of back and neck and dr said it was the worst he has seen in my age group. Which effectively made my back pain worse. My dr also used these X-rays to explain my hand tightness and stiffness due to pinched nerves.

I have been able to shake my back pain but still continue to have hand tightness and stiffness after lifting weights or heavy objects. I’ve recently come to fear that supplementation of zinc for 5 years daily about 25mg per day may have cause osteoarthritis in my hands (have not had X-rays out of fear). Or potentially lifting heavy in the gym for a couple years has created arthritis in my hands. I have had hand tightness and pain off and on for the last 5-6 years or so, usually feel it after golfing, working out or any manual labour using my hands. The stiffness will usually last a couple days depending on what I was doing. If I was lifting weights usually a couple days. I find my hands also get cold during these times.

In the mornings after aggravating my hands I will notice stiffness but as soon as I stand the stiffness goes away, I wonder if this is blood flow returning to my hands.

Thank you for listening, I know tms can effect hands but I have my own doubts like everyone else.

Any advice of what I can read or other success stories would be amazing. Thank you!

2. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

in my personal experience, all
    stiffness of hands and legs, etc… is just another manifestation of TMS.

Truediscovery and TG957 like this.
  3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Sounds like fear and overthinking causing TMS. It is not blood returning to your hands, it is your mind getting on with daily life, away from overthinking...

Truediscovery likes this.
  4. Truediscovery

Truediscovery Newcomer

Thank you for taking the time to respond