1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Progress: What I’m learning by journaling a lot

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Diana-M, Jun 3, 2024.

1. Diana-M

Diana-M Well known member

When I journal. I pay attention to my body. It has taught me that I have these anger “tells.” I had no idea they were my body’s way of talking. One of them is what people might call restless leg syndrome. My leg will just spastically kick or twitch. This has gone on for years. Just randomly. I never knew why. But now I know. It means I’m doing something—or considering making myself do something—I truly don’t want to do and I’m angry about it.

If I’m journaling about a person or circumstance, the twitch might happen. It has also happened when I’m doing work for a particularly rude client. It can even happen in seemingly innocent scenarios—shopping for clothes online, for example. I journaled about that one and found guilt and money concerns. Even jealousy and anger at the young beautiful models. I never would have guessed those subconscious thoughts were there! Discovery made: twitching stopped.

The flip side of this experiment is that now that I know it’s TMS anger, I can dig around and make it go away once I find what is causing it any time it happens. It is definitely not random. This is my most immediately controllable TMS symptom.

This knowledge is of great comfort related to the rest of my TMS. If I can control one aspect, why not all?

This is a great discovery for me, and added with all the other mind-body techniques I’m learning here, is starting to tip the scale!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2024
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

So cool! That's a great technique, and might be useful for someone who is afraid to start journaling because it feels too deep.

Diana-M likes this.
  3. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Who probably needs a bloomin' good kicking! But on a serious note - what you've discovered is tremendous progress and fantastic news!

Diana-M likes this.
  4. Diana-M

Diana-M Well known member

Ha! :) Kind of ironic, eh?

BloodMoon likes this.