1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with BruceMC as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Question about returning to activity

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by slicknick47, Dec 29, 2023.

Tags:
  1. slicknick47

slicknick47 Newcomer

After reading Dr. John Sarno’s book, I was able to sit and walk again without pain. However, when I returned to activities such as running and basketball, my symptoms flared up again and I can still sit without pain but I cannot walk without pain. I don’t know whether I returned to activity too quickly as I only waited about 10 days or if TMS is just trying to make a last effort to come back. Should I continue to work out and do activities such as running and basketball or should I put on a pause on them until I don’t have any pain?

2. andiefrance23

andiefrance23 New Member

From what I’ve understood, fear of returning to activities and the pain that can cause can make TMS return or linger. Maybe have a conversation with yourself, a pep talk of sorts, that you have control of this and not your brain and that you will go in that run pain free!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Charlie is a physical therapist specializing in TMS and chronic pain -especially for athletes.
    This is a helpful interview about movement: