1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Sacroliac joint instability

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Back2life23, Oct 20, 2023.

1. Back2life23

Back2life23 New Member

Hey everyone, really looking for someone who has already been through this. I have been told I am hypermobile, my ligaments are to lax are not keeping my pelvis/si joint in place. It's pops in and out all the time, I can visible feel the hip bone jutting out. My posture is totally unbalanced.. One hip higher than the other, same with shoulders.. Can tms cause an actual structural change?
    I also have crohns disease and I would love peoples thoughts on if crohns is considered tms?

2. CaptivaLady

CaptivaLady Peer Supporter

My schedule is tight today, but I have some feedback for you. I’ll drop this here for now: your body has normal abnormalities. All bodies do! My issues were very much centered on the SI joint and digestive. So, I can personally relate to you! Hang in there- chat soon.

3. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @Back2life23,

I too was told that my SI joint ligaments were too relaxed. My situation was so bad that I considered having sclerotherapy - where they inject an irritant into the ligaments to make them react and thicken up and strengthen - but I decided against it as I read that sometimes the ligaments can tighten up too much. I was bedridden at times with this problem - anything from a few days to weeks and on one occasion 4 months and on another occasion over 7 months. My pelvis would go out of line and the muscles surrounding my SI joints would "set like concrete" (as my chiropractor described it) and hold my pelvis in a badly skewed position which was horrendously painful; I couldn't weight-bear without excruciating pain and all I could do was wait until the muscles eventually released their grip (this was all before I knew about TMS). Chiropractic treatment wasn't possible at the time because of the rigidity of the muscles.

I am not free of TMS symptoms, but eventually my brain gave up on doing this to my pelvis and moved on to giving me pain and muscle spasticity and numerous other types of symptoms elsewhere in my body. Since I've been doing TMS work I'm generally a hell of lot better though, but I'm still a work in progress.

My suggestion is that you consider watching TMS coach Dan Buglio's free daily videos on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/@PainFreeYou/videos. His TMS used to skew his body too. He suffered with this and general back pain for 13 years before finding out about TMS and then "doing the work"; he got better over 14 years ago. On his website you can see two photos of Dan, back view and front view, that show exactly how crooked his body (you need to page down a bit to see them) https://www.painfreeyou.com/chronic-pain-self-assessment (Pain Free You - Chronic Pain Self Assessment). I was equally as crooked and lopsided and the take home from this is that neither Dan nor I suffered a structural change due to TMS. I hope this will be of some help and serve to give you some encouragement and hope.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
  4. CaptivaLady

Well, that was my perfect response BloodMoon! I suggest Dan’s videos also and you will see many, many comments from me during late 2022-2023. I try to consume content from lots of different people in this space: Lorimer Moseley, Rachel Zoffness, Nicole Sachs, Georgie Oldfield, and of course the many physicians!

I too had the wild muscle spasms in and around my pelvic bones and SIJ. I would feel completely twisted! I was a competitive gymnast and dancer and have always been very flexible.

TL;DR to the OP- you are in the right place and on the right path. Listen to Dan’s morning video and tell him “Hinz” sent you ;-)

BloodMoon likes this.
  5. Back2life23

Back2life23 New Member

Thank you so much for your reply..
    So you posture returned to normal once the tms lessoned it's grip? My pelvis actually clicks and pops.. I actually have had rounds and rounds of prolotherapy.. And I would say it has helped but I'm not sure if that more from a placibo effect. I sorry to hear that you have other issues now.. But definitely sounds like you are on the right road.

6. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, it did return to normal.
    Mine did too, but doesn't anymore.
    In another thread on this Wiki fellow forum member @Duggit suggested to someone else who had enquired about Crohn's disease to read Dr. Gabor Maté's book 'When the Body Says No' as Dr. Maté discusses the role of stress in a wide array of physical health problems including in chapter 11 Crohn's and ulcerative colitis; he recommended reading the whole book though (to get the full picture).

Last edited: Oct 21, 2023
  7. CaptivaLady

GREAT book. I read it after I knew I had TMS, and it was still so helpful.

BloodMoon likes this.
  8. Back2life23

Back2life23 New Member

Thank you for all this.. I will definitely get reading.. Its good for me to see and hear other success stories as it so difficult when you have a supposed weakness in the body that physicians seem to zone in on.

BloodMoon likes this.