1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Shoulder Injury?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by eightball776, Sep 13, 2023.

Tags:
  1. eightball776

eightball776 Well known member

i’ve been trying to introduce more physical activity, but struggling because i’ve let it get to the point where i get sore from 2 jumping jacks. I played pickle ball and the day after my shoulders were all jacked up. The right shoulder was surgically repaired (torn labrum) in 2009 & had been bothering me for a while, so that made sense (i’m also right handed). What makes no sense is that my left shoulder is equally as messed up since that day, and neither has gotten any better after about 3 weeks now. I don’t want to go back down the orthopedic/ MRI rabbit hole. There’s no doubt the level of stress i’m carrying right now is TMS rocket fuel. I don’t know how i could have possibly injured my left shoulder during that game but the timing is suspicious. I sleep right on that bit of my shoulder too & hurting myself while sleeping isn’t exactly impossible for me either. I’ve never had my TMS cause shoulder issues before but I can’t rule it out. I’ve got the low back experience but this is almost as limiting. Should I bother with that imaging or just start the light physical rehab & give it more time? It can’t be related to the old surgery if both shoulders are painful in the exact same spots beginning at the exact same time.

2. mbo

mbo Well known member

You have to lose ....
    First : your conscious/felt fear of being injured (your body is ok !)
    Second : your unconscious/unfelt fear of being enraged (your inner child is every angry !)

So easy....so difficult !
    M.

3. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

@eightball776
    If you can find Phil de la Haye's story (he's a TMS coach in the UK), read it. His story is very similar to yours. His question is so similar to yours, which is what lead him to discovering the TMS mechanism. Pretty much what he found is what mbo states. Most TMS practitioners suggest is is wise to get things checked out. If you live close to a TMS Doctor, it might be worth it.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. eightball776

eightball776 Well known member

I've seen a TMS coach & TMS doctors, but neither were able to provide me with a greater understanding of the process or help with the healing. The only one who did was Dr. Sarno himself, when I was a patient of his & first discovered all of this fun stuff. I think I pulled some muscles in my shoulders while performing a "child's pose". I've reached this conclusion because it's behaving like a "normal" injury. Aside from lingering too long (chalk that up to just being terribly out of shape), and hurting more because I'm coming off of steroids, it finally started getting better. Unlike TMS where the severity & timeline are usually all over the place, this is in very specific spots that are used in that exact stretch that I happened to overdo it with right after playing pickle ball, both after many many months of near zero physical activity. No fear of injury, but I have lost that whole "just do it anyway" aspect of TMS treatment because I have a whole lot less energy. The inner child is definitely super pissed off as I've just been battling the most severe depression I've ever experienced, so was suspicious of this sort of situation. However it would be abnormal if someone in my situation wasn't dealing with depression. If it doesn't continue to heal to 100% soon, I'll re-examine, but I think this is just my being too easily injured because I'm badly out of shape & a slow healer because of medications & disease. Thanks for the input.