1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Steve2 is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Sleep question

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by dharn999, Jul 24, 2016.

1. dharn999

dharn999 Well known member

I am a stomach sleeper and have been my whole life, usually with one leg pulled up like a weird looking frog. But I noticed my first time around that if I slept on my stomach my left low back would hurt like no other.. So I slept on my back and side.. I could sleep just fine.. (I know I'm lucky to get to sleep) but whenever I would toss and turn I would get frustrated because I want to sleep on my stomach

I don't remember when I started sleeping on my stomach again once I got past TMS TE first time but I definitely didn't appreciate it enough.. So right now I'm in the same spot when sleeping on my stomach causes pain in the same spot

So my question is, I know you are supposed to resume all regular activities (and I do) but I don't even try to sleep on my stomach because it hurts... So do I just gut it out because I want to sleep that way, or is that something I just wait it out until I feel better?

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I used to be a stomach sleeper. Then one silly day about 17 years ago I had my belly button pierced and it was too uncomfortable to lie on. So I rolled around like an eel all night until I decided it was sleeping like a babe or the tummy Jewel: the piercing lost. Then some fool told me it was 'bad for you to sleep on your stomach' and like a greater fool I believed them. Then I gave that idiocy up. Fast forward a good decade and I got happily, deliciously chubby and now my girl bumps make tummy sleeping something of a juggling contest. But I still do it. One leg pulled up like a weird looking frog with boobs wrapped round my ears like pillows. Bliss. Just sleep how you like. It all works out, after a fashion in the end.

mike2014 and Ellen like this.