1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Symptoms

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Lojos, Jun 22, 2024.

1. Lojos

Lojos New Member

I am feeling a little lost at the moment.I have been ‘doing the work’ for the past 3years. I have spondylolisthesis and vertigo which I know are TMS and after having a fall because of bad balance was taken to hospital.I also have just been told I have chronic kidney disease stage 3.
    At the beginning of the year I had surgery for my 4th lot of cancer and am unable to have treatment because the radiation has damaged my lungs and my lymph glands.Also I had to move house to be close to my family and the hospital as I spent 23weeks travelling to the hospital for drainage of the seroma.Also I had to rehome my beloved dog and miss him so much.
    People tell me how strong and brave I am but there are times (like now) that I don’t feel strong.
    I am 79.

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Dear @Lojos
    You are carrying a heavy load. Yes, I think you have been so strong but you don’t “have” to be all the time. It’s normal to feel vulnerable, and have so many emotions with all you are going through.
    It sounds like you have medical support, but do you have emotional support? Has your cancer treatment offered you someone you can talk to and explore all these feelings and experiences with? Is there any support groups you can join for chronic illness?
    Your needs have changed, and TMS work can really help, but many hospitals and medical centers now offer patient support too.
    You’ve moved and lost your people. You mention family close by, but it’s also good to have friends to help soften all the changes in life. Support groups can also offer that opportunity.

JanAtheCPA and Booble like this.
  3. Diana-M

Diana-M Well known member

God bless you @Lojos! You are strong and brave! I hope all good things come to you. Never give up.

4. Booble

Booble Beloved Grand Eagle

Sending *hugs*

5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Oh, @Lojos, you are indeed, as Cactusflower said, carrying a heavy load. I echo all of her suggestions, especially about a support group for cancer patients, because that may be the only place where you can feel free to communicate your honest fears and emotions to others going through the same thing, and who are setting aside the time and the emotional space to do just that one thing with and for each other.

If you need a good old TMS-style self-healing boost, I've heard that the audio and video recordings of Claire Weekes are wonderfully soothing. I am a huge fan of Hope & Help For Your Nerves, which is also well-worth re-reading for her pragmatic and calming good sense about anxiety.

I also think that listening to my favorite online therapist, Nicole Sachs, is inspiring and uplifting. Most of her podcast episodes are an interview of one guest, and every guest has a different story of recovery, and every episode (not more than about an hour at most) is like a therapeutic affirmation of the work. Occasionally she'll record one of her online membership group sessions, where multiple individuals get to ask questions about their current real-life struggles and setbacks - they are also amazing (there was one of those that just aired on June 14). And sometimes it's a shorter episode with just Nicole, talking about whatever is on her mind. I would like to think that her podcast would be a lovely thing to listen to when you're having an anxiety crisis in the middle of the night. Just google Nicole Sachs Audioboom to find this page with a list of every episode in reverse chronological order: The Cure for Chronic Pain with Nicole Sachs, LCSW (audioboom.com) or simply google Nicole Sachs podcast which will have other options for content from Nicole, including an iTunes link.

Wishing you the best in recovery and healing.

~Jan

Booble likes this.
  6. Lojos

Lojos New Member

I have an appt at the local hospital here for rehab at the physio department Then an appt at the lymphoedema clinic..Also I have a neurology tele health appt next week. So I cannot complain about lack of treatment.I haven’t accepted emotional support through counselling but am considering it.Last week I had skin cancers on my face biopsied and am awaiting the results.Also had an MRI so still waiting for the results.I am in a retirement village and I do have physical support ( cleaning etc.).
    I have left the Facebook sites on TMS as I found they weren’t that helpful for me as the people ,who had recovered , moved on.
    Thank you all for your encoutagement

Booble likes this.