1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Tanner Murtagh's Neuroplastic Pain/Mind-Body Syndrome/TMS free videos on YouTube

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by BloodMoon, Nov 5, 2023.

1. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

I just discovered this guy, Tanner Murtagh, who has a load of free really detailed and helpful videos on YouTube regarding recovering from Neuroplastic Pain/Mind-Body Syndrome/TMS. I think they are especially good as in his videos he tells of how he applied the techniques to gain his own recovery; the videos are chock full of helpful tips and 'how tos' so I thought I would share: https://www.youtube.com/@painpsychotherapy/featured (I've also posted his video summary of his recovery story on the success stories forum.)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
    JanAtheCPA and Vindawg like this.
  2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

I discovered him recently too, and I think he is excellent.
    He can be far more open about his emotional struggles than many tms folks are, and is incredibly open minded about methods of healing while still sticking to Dr. Sarno’s ideas on the emotional causes of TMS. I like that he encourages people to approach things experientially: to experiment and then stick with methods that work.
    His approach may be difficult for people who need a day to day guideline like the SEP to stay committed and focused (stuff I assume he provides in this private practice). He gives so freely of his time on youtube.

JanAtheCPA and BloodMoon like this.
  3. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

I absolutely agree. I especially like his willingness to talk about his emotional struggles; it's something I'm finding so refreshing and encouraging. Makes you feel that if he can do it, you can do it.

Looking back over all his videos, I see that he seems to upload roughly, on average, a new video a week (and he's done almost a hundred of them). I'm going to start with the first ones and work my way through them all watching two or three or so a week and take it at that pace, but I agree that won't suit everybody.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. PainNoMore

PainNoMore Peer Supporter

i subscribed to his channel early on. recommended!

JanAtheCPA and BloodMoon like this.