1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with BruceMC as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Testicle pain is tms ?!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by fedeschiavina_, Jun 15, 2023.

1. fedeschiavina_

fedeschiavina_ New Member

HI,
    My name is Federico, I am 36 years old and I write from Italy..
    I have had pain in my right testicle for 2 years.
    Yes, I have done all possible tests, ultrasounds, urologists, osteopath, acupuncture, pain therapy.
    The pain started and the first visit was epididymitis, which I then immediately treated with antibiotics,
    But it is as if the pain remained.

It's been 6 months since I discovered sarno and this forum, I read the two books by sarno and now I'm reading the book by alan gordon (very nice).

I know in my heart that every time I've been better (i.e. with zero or slight pain) it hasn't been thanks to any physical therapy or drugs, but due to myself, only that this benefit has always lasted one day or two days .. then the pain returns .
    I don't have any swelling. When the pain is not high I try to train with some weights and I meditate every day.

I can't help but be afraid because in all the books the testicles are never mentioned, and what scares me the most is that if I touch the upper part of the testicle it hurts to the touch and therefore I get scared and tell myself not to there is no part of the body that is as sensitive as the testicles which hurts to touch (for example back pain if one is in pain but you touch the back it's not that the pain increases)

I can't get over this.
    In addition, it has stuck with me that urologists have told me that in rare cases after epididymitis the pain can last forever and surgeries may not relieve the pain.

Yes I am a person with all the characteristics of tms, I also started a journey with a psychologist for EMDR because I had a childhood with some trauma.

I'm also doing the writing in the notebook.

How is my life now?! .
    I lived in a city and lived with my partner. But because of her pain she got fed up a few months ago and left me and took my dog away.

I had to go back to another city and go back to live with my parents because this pain creates discomfort and fears for me.
    (I'm economically independent, fortunately I work remotely).

I need some comfort, can the pain in the testicles also go away? .

Thank you so much
    Frederick

2. Manjuno

Manjuno New Member

Hi, I'm afraid I can't answer your questions but I can relate as the testicle pain (left one in my case) is one of numerous symptoms I've been dealing with for many months now. It's exactly as you describe but in my case it's probably not that severe right now. It used to be very severe when it was one of only a few symptoms. Then, when I developed pain in more areas, the testicle pain decreased as the pain had to cover more terrain now, so to speak.

I've also visited a few urologists but ultimately has been left with no diagnosis and no treatment options.

So I can't really comfort you that it goes away eventually but in my case it did decrease with time to the point when it's not my main concern at the moment.

3. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

4. Bonnard

Bonnard Well known member

Hi Federico,

Reading through the thread link provided above (by @Cactusflower), there are some excellent suggestions there. It's worth noting all of those suggestions apply to whatever kind of pain folks are struggling with. It isn't until the 2nd post where reassurance is provided that plenty of people have come here with testicular pain as a TMS symptom.

I think it's helpful to move to solutions and move away from focusing on the specifics of the pain (and how it is different or could be different...).
    You've jumped into finding solutions in a bunch of ways! You mention finding Sarno and this forum about 6 months ago...and you've already read a couple Sarno books and started an Alan Gordon book, as well as writing work, and EMDR work with a psychologist. I give you tons of credit for all of that work.
    Hang in there...I'm really hoping you'll find that comfort you're looking for very soon.

RobOptimist likes this.