1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

The Great Pain Deception

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Betty Boop, Jul 29, 2024.

1. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

Hi everyone,

did Steve Ozanich ever get round to making an audiobook of his book The Great Pain Deception?
    I found some old threads of his where he says he was working on it but I can not seem to find anything about an audiobook for purchase.

Any help i would really appreciate it.

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Betty Boop likes this.
  3. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

I guess he never got round to it. Thank you so much I appreciate it.

4. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

It is a very expensive and time consuming endeavor, especially for someone small or self published.

Betty Boop likes this.
  5. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

Yes I am sure of it. I'm grateful to have his book as to me his book is the only one that really spoke to me and wanted it on audio if it was available. I saw he was once part of this forum such a shame he isn't anymore.

6. BagelSchnitzel

BagelSchnitzel Peer Supporter

Yep, I feel he and Dr. Howard Schubiner could both benefit from an audio version.

One of the reasons I love "The Way Out by Alan Gordon" the way he reads it, its calming in itself.

I've listened to a few podcasts with Howard on specifically and his calming voice and re-assuring tone has come across incredibly well, seems a shame he doesn't have an audio version.

I'd happily help them record and edit it if they wanted help for free

Betty Boop likes this.
  7. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I am forever grateful to Dr. Weekes for her audios. It was her voice that pulled me through in the worst days of my TMS.
    So when I wrote my own book I have spent some money and enormous effort trying to make an audiobook, but quickly realized that it is unaffordable in both cost and effort. Just renting a recording studio alone would be a huge expense. I pulled back.

Luckily, since I self-published on Amazon, they offered me a virtual narrator option. I was very suspicious at first, but after I was done editing I asked the friend to listen to it, and we both were very impressed by how emotional and therapeutic it was, so I released it. Any book published on Kindle can be converted. Although the last version of virtual narrator voice was not as good as the first one, so my book is still on the old one.

8. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Sarno narrates his book "Healing Back Pain" and I find his voice very soothing. It's both authoritative and comforting. It's like having the Good Doctor talking directly to me.

9. BagelSchnitzel

BagelSchnitzel Peer Supporter

Yep, the way AI is going it won't be long until we can pick the voice we want to narrate our books. It's a shame for people who do it as a profession, but it's gojng to be super convenient.

When I initially found out about TMS it was when I was suffering with severe eye strain, I wanted to read these books but found it difficult so audio versions are soo important these days. Especially as we are exhausting our close eye muscles working infront of and using screens all day.

Betty Boop likes this.
  10. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

Oh I agree with the way out, I listen to it on nights where I can't seem to relax to fall asleep and it's so soothing to hear Alans voice.
    The fact that Steve's book for me is amazing I thought there was an audiobook and would love to listen to it but now I understand that renting a studio is very expensive and why he didn't get round to it.

11. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

Totally agree with you on this.

Diana-M likes this.