1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

The link between TMS and hypersensitive

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ChronicVince, Nov 29, 2023.

1. ChronicVince

ChronicVince Peer Supporter

Hey, I was wondering if, like me, a majority of TMS sufferers are hypersensitive ?
    What do you think about it ?

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

What do you mean as “hypersensitive”?

3. Mala

Mala Well known member

Do you mean easily hurt, offended or worried?

In that case many of us yes have that trait & maybe this link can help.

https://www.peaceinthejourney.com/blog/2019/11/17/mind-body-syndrome-the-highly-sensitive-person-exploring-the-connection (Mind Body Syndrome & the Highly Sensitive Person – Exploring the Connection — Peace in the Journey | A Blog About Finding Peace and Meaning in Life)

Mala

4. ChronicVince

Sorry, I did not use the correct term (bad translation from french). I would like to say Highly Sensitive Person (HSP).
    So thanks a lot @Mala for this article where I totally recognize myself. :)

And I found other topics on this forum that speak about it.
    But I did not find a ratio or percentage of HSP among the TMS sufferers.
    Any idea, suggestion ? 1/3 ? 1/2 ? 2/3 ?

5. Mala

Mala Well known member

As to ratios & percentages, I really don't know but Sarno does mention being highly sensitive as a TMS trait in all his books. Maybe conducting a survey here would be interesting & useful.

Glad you found the link useful. No need to apologise at all. Your use of the word is absolutely correct as in the Oxford English dictionary. ;)

hypersensitive
    /ˌhʌɪpəˈsɛnsɪtɪv/
    adjective
    1. 1.
      having extreme physical sensitivity to particular substances or conditions.

2. 2.
      easily hurt, worried, or offended.
      "proximity to death makes people hypersensitive and aware"
    All the best

Mala

6. ChronicVince