1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS due to spiritual awakening?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Dani-jwz, Jul 18, 2023.

1. Dani-jwz

Dani-jwz New Member

To all active/passive spiritual/ religious people here;

Do you think it might be possible that ego is causing TMS, not because of trauma, but because of an impending spiritual awakening? My theory is that ego does this to retain it's value (same strategy; distracting you with pain, different 'root cause').

I have some symptoms again, after 2-3 years of being pain free. Four different symptoms coming together, preventing me to do the activities I love, which makes me assume this is TMS again. But unlike last time there was no (clear) trigger or whatsoever. I had healed many past trauma (you never know is something is left untouched tho..) and I was in an upward spiral, doing great actually. But I notice the more I am discovering/ believing spiritual truth, the more symptoms I get?

Anyone have any thoughts about this?

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

What stress has built up for you? How are you feeling?

What unrecognized stressors and emotions has this spiritual awakening awakened?

3. Sita

Sita Well known member

God is testing you.

4. Dani-jwz

Dani-jwz New Member

Fair questions, a lot, but nothing traumatizing.. I will let my thoughts go about this some more.

5. Dani-jwz

Dani-jwz New Member

Could you elaborate more on this?

6. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Oh Yes.
    Every time I have had TMS, the attendant self examination necessary to recover is a spiritual awakening , whether I want it or not.

You hit 'bottom' with your thoughts, actions , life , beliefs. You get TMS.... now I have to go and examine them again.

In that sense it is like any other 'errant' (sin) lifestyle...it is only when we are beaten with a stick of our own making that we are finally humbled enough to open up to a new experience. Change always comes from Inspiration or desperation...and most of us are reliant on the latter.

7. Sita

Sita Well known member

What Baseball65 said. Out of desperation (in my case) you start to introspect, then change/improve. And next time you do it again, and again. All your life. God is testing your faith. Are you going to give up or fight and change for the better? Even when the pain increases. That's when you really go down on your knees and surrender. Surrender to God. There is this saying..."If you want more strength - surrender!"

Dani-jwz likes this.