1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS or Prostatitis?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Voulezvous, Jul 11, 2023.

1. Voulezvous

Voulezvous Newcomer

This will qualify for me as the first time posting on a forum vs. spending hours googling symptoms.
    Just to set the stage, I undoubtedly have OCD with regards to my health (I come from a long line of doctors) and suffer from general anxiety.
    In 2018 I started what would be the most challenging job of my career namely setting up the Celebrity relations department for a major luxury brand based in Paris. The experience was no different if not worse from the Devil Wears Prada having to report into people that I still regard as toxic waste. In 2019 I was diagnosed with an inguinal hernia on the right and underwent the hernia repair surgery. The following year, hernia recurrence on the right and new one on the left. Underwent second bilateral repair surgery. I then started experiencing severe testicular pain on the right and started consulting with a urologist. He removed the initial hernia mesh that was faulty and freed the right testicular cord. I slowly recovered and the pain started to subside. Two weeks ago out of nowhere, I started to feel a tingling sensation in the tip of my penis as if I had to pee urgently. The sensation has turned into something constant. I would pee maybe twice a day and I now find myself running to the bathroom every two hours. Seeing the urologist next week. UTI test came back clear. I’m scared this may be coming from my prostate. I live in a perpetual state of fear with regards to my health. I have since left this crazy job have not succeeded at finding inner peace. Could thuan urinary issue be a form of TMS. I have read Dr Sarno’s book and I certainly qualify as the perfect TMS candidate.
    Any assistance would be most appreciated

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

@Voulezvous

Hi!
    ANYTHING, anything at all can be tms and if you search “penis” on this forum you will find a lot of posts. It is a very common TMS symptom.
    That said, by all means get it all checked out by your Doctor. If they can’t find anything wrong, then it is up to you to decide how you want to proceed in taking care of yourself.
    You have already read Sarno, identify was having generalized anxiety and “health anxiety”.
    The tms “work” or “treatment” as outlined in Sarno’s books can help.
    My suggestion is you refer to @JanAtheCPA ’s excellent post today for another member. Remember, tms is tms -doesn’t matter where in the body it occurs, it is all relieved by the same mind/body awareness.
    https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/muscle-guarding-from-10-years-of-tension.27297/ (Muscle Guarding from 10+ years of tension?)

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Good catch, @Cactusflower!

@Voulezvous, I would certainly tell you the same thing I said in that other post, as you also seem to be at a similar stage of TMS knowledge.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

~Jan

4. Voulezvous

Voulezvous Newcomer

Dear @Cactusflower @JanAtheCPA
    Thank you both for your feedback. I’m not going to lie, I still find the prospect of this new symptom being TMS daunting. I have had tensed muscles for as long as I can remember with tension moving to different parts of the body. Until this new episode, my diaphragm had been blocked for weeks - not matter how many times to went to the osteopath it would always make its way back to a tensed state. I guess it won’t surprise you to find out that it has completely released since this uro episode began. How should I go about tackling TMS? I just purchased Nicole Sach’s book.
    Thank you for your kind support
    Daniel

5. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

The link I posted above gives very clear ideas on some steps you can take.
    Reading Nichole’s book is helpful, she has a similar approach to the free programs mentioned in the link.

6. Looking for space

Looking for space Peer Supporter

7. Looking for space

Looking for space Peer Supporter

Hi, I did have prostatitis and it was very different than what you are describing. Mine was acute and happened very fast and disappeared with antibiotics..sound like TMS. Hope you're feeling better. I have a neuropathy and it's idiopathic. THEY can't find a reason it's either TMS or gluten Sensitivity, which I have. But prostatitis is NO joke!