1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Upper Trapezius pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by fmisiaczek, Aug 8, 2023.

1. fmisiaczek

fmisiaczek New Member

Have read healing back pain twice, reading mind body prescription for the second time. I am taking my time here as I have had backpain for 3 and a half years. I understand the concepts.

Some doubts I may have. I have upper back tight trapezius which I haven't seen much people have luck with fixing as much as lower back pain. Also I get told a lot when talking to other people with the same issue that good posture is key and this is how they fixed it. This logically makes sense as when I put my head and shoulders forward I have pain, when I pull my shoulders back and head under shoulders I am pain free.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello, @fmisiaczek -do you have a question for us?

TMS awareness aside, You do have to treat your body with respect - in all ways - in order to have enough self love that you aren't walking around with pain or other symptoms. And if you're still young, you will be thankful for healthy lifestyle choices when you are my age, which is 72.

Good posture and exercise are just two healthy practices towards this goal. There are others.

That being said, you also have to be emotionally healthy, because obviously mental and physical health are closely connected and affect each other.

Understanding the TMS concepts is not enough for long-term freedom from TMS-induced symptoms. I recommend that you "do the work" by doing our free Structured Educational Program on the main tmswiki.org site.

3. fmisiaczek

fmisiaczek New Member

Hey no questions at this moment. Thanks for your response.

I am doing the SEP program and will read through day 3 shortly :)

JanAtheCPA likes this.