1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Urinary Incontinence = TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Freedom, Jul 17, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Freedom

Freedom Peer Supporter

Can TMS/stress lead to urinary incontinence?

Note: I'm 38

Background: A few months ago I went to do a solo telework trip in a foreign country where I don't know the language. My anxiety was sky high for a few days, nearly unbearable - worrying about things I thought could go wrong - work, possibly being robbed, not speaking the language, worried about getting sick from water or IBS from the food, running out of clothes, not knowing anyone there, etc.

During this trip I noticed for the first time ever that I started having some urine leakage after going to the bathroom. In other words I'd go to pee before leaving the apartment (to make sure I won't have to while I'm out), then 30 seconds later when I'd sit to put on my shoes, more urine would come out and I'd have to change underwear

I tried googling this and I saw the term urinary incontinence. I went to see the doctor and did some tests and everything came back normal.

Thoughts?

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

3. louaci

louaci New Member

It could be. Whenever my partner feels anxious and mad, this is one of the symptoms, along with sweating, out of breath and fast heart beat.